The Ohio Federal Research Network Round 4 Sustaining Ohio's Aeronautical Readiness and Innovation in the Next Generation (SOARING) solicitation closed on November 19, 2019.
The OFRN Round 4 SOARING awardees and their research and development projects are:
- Kent State University (KSU), University of Dayton (UD), Wright State University (WSU), Case Western Reserve University, and Event38's "A Hybrid Fuel Cell–Battery–Capacitor Power Source for UAS"
- Riverside Research, University of Cinncinati (UC), UD, and Unmanned Science's "Computer-Human Interaction for Rapid Program Analysis through Cognitive Collaboration (CHIRP2C)"
- CAL Analytics, KSU, The Ohio State University (OSU), Resilienx, TruWeather Solutions, and Kongsberg's "Interoperability, Resiliency, and Contingency Management for Ohio UAS Operations"
- Asymmetric, OSU, Ohio University, and Lockheed Martin's "Resilient and Secure UAS Flight Control"
- YBI, KSU, Event38, and Universal Technology Corporations' "Geometrically-Complex 3D Printed Antennas for UAVs"
- Ghostwave, The Ohio State University, Sinclair, AFIT, Converge Technologies, Sivers, and Stream DSP's "Multi-purpose Mast/Aerial 360O radar/optical fused sensors for Perimeter Monitoring and Aerial Detect & Avoid"
Read the full announcement here.
About Round 4
The OFRN Round 4 Opportunity Announcement is focused on expanding Ohio’s leadership in federal and industry aerospace research, development and sustainment for unmanned air systems (UASs), personal air vehicles (PAVs), and logistics delivery air vehicles (LDAVs). Across the different classes, target applications, and technologies, several barriers persist, including FAA flight certification, safety concerns, and specific technical and market validation needs. The focus of the Round Four Opportunity Announcement is to leverage the unique Federal and Ohio assets to systematically address these challenges. Round 4 falls within the Sustaining Ohio’s Aeronautical Readiness and Innovation in the Next Generation (SOARING) Initiative.
Key Events & Dates
Round 4 SOARING Opportunity Announcement formally released
September 17, 2019
|Due date for Volume 2(Technical), 2A (Supplemental), and 2B (Slide Deck)|
October 22, 2019 - 5pm ET
|Due date for Volume 1 (Business and Cost Proposal)|
November 19, 2019